I’m pleased to report that the UK Web Focus blog has been shortlisted in the Web 2.0 and Business category of the Computer Weekly IT Blog Awards 08 competition.
The full list of the nominated blogs in this category are:
- Brian Kelly’s UK Web Focus: Reflections on the Web and Web 2.0
- Roo Reynolds – What’s Next?, “UK-based Metaverse Evangelist, blogger and geek”
- Eightbar from Hursley Park
- DRM blog by CapGemini’s Jude Umeh, from BCS
- Middledigit.net, by Jonathan Hopkins and covers Web 2.0, technology and marketing
- Broadstuff.com from Broadsight
- TechCrunch UK
- Blending the Mix: A look at the new world and new marketing and all it means…
- Paul Downey: Whatfettle, marras?
- User Pathways by James Kelway
I’d like to invite readers of this blog to have a look at the shortlisted nominations – and vote for the blog you think is best.
I should add that Mia Ridge’s Open Objects blog is also shortlisted, in the Programming and Technical category. And seeing as how Mia wrote a post on Sunday on Responsibility to users? I think her blog would be a worthy winner (in interest of transparency I should add that I know Mia and we went out drinking at the Museums and and Web 2008 conference!)
And finally I’ll mention that a Seesmic video post about the blog nomination is also available. Free to watch the video (it only lasts for 52 seconds) – and I’d invite comments and feedback.