Current areas which I can offer consultancy, training and advice on include:
- Use of social media by academic staff and researchers
- Monitoring and preparing for technological developments
- Web preservation
- Open practices
- Use of Wikipedia
If you are interested in any of these or similar areas, and think I may be able to help, then please get in touch.
Examples of recent consultancy activities carried out during 2013-2014 are given below:
- Presentation of a paper on “Hybrid journals: Ensuring systematic and standard discoverability of the latest Open Access articles” at the NASIG 2014 conference.
- Facilitation of a one-day workshop session on “Future Technologies and Their Applications” at the ILI 2013 conference.
- Facilitation of a workshop on “Preparing for Tomorrow’s World: Helping University Information Services Respond to Technological, Economic and Political Change” at the Information Services 2014 conference at the University of Brighton.