Title: Let’s Free IT Support Materials!
Authors: Kelly, B., Knight, G., Casey, J. and Guy, M.
Conference: EUNIS 2005
Kelly, B., Knight, G., Casey, J. and Guy, M., 2005. Let’s Free IT Support Materials! In: EUNIS 2005 Conference Proceedings. Manchester: University of Manchester.
The co-authors of this paper are:
- Brian Kelly, UKOLN, University of Bath, UK. ORCID: 0000-0001-5875-8744
- Gareth Knight, AHDS, UK. ORCID: 0000-0002-7309-8120
- Jo Casey, University of York, UK.
- Marieke Guy, UKOLN, University of Bath. ORCID, UK: 0000-0002-0382-8482
The Open Access movement is promoting the advantages in providing more liberal access conditions to research and teaching and learning resources and is developing a legal infrastructure and associated technologies to support this. This paper argues that IT Services can benefit by adopting a similar approach for IT support materials. A case study is provided which describes the rationale for making the resources developed by the JISC-funded QA Focus project available under a Creative Commons licence and the processes needed in order to implement this policy. The paper concludes by describing the potential for widening this approach to generic IT support materials.
- University of Bath repository: [About] – [PDF format] – [MS Word format] – [HTML]
- ResearchGate: [About] – [PDF]